I have been working hard on my Quilty Barn Along by Bee in my Bonnet (Lori Holt). I have finally finished all the barns. It only took me 2 years....whew. I put it away for a while to build up my fabric stash. I really didn't have a lot of colors that I thought would work with this quilt. I wanted bright fun colors. I tend to purchase yards of a fabric that I love, so I had plenty of yardage but not enough variation. I have slowly been adding to my stash and making the barns as I went along. I also finished the tractor block. The tractor block is my quilt label with all of the quilty information on it. Lori used it as her quilt label and the hand embroidered information looks like smoke coming out of the "smoke stack thing" on the tractor (maybe that is called the exhaust pipe). I thought that feature was just adorable, in fact the whole quilt is adorable!! Lori has a new book coming out in April and this was just the push that I needed to finish my Barn quilt before the book is released. I already want to make the quilt on the cover of her book, but my New Year's resolution is "finish something old before you start something new" (ummmmm.....let's be real here, not sure how long that one is going to last).
Red tractor in honor of my Grandpa "Papa". I loved that tractor!